Recovery & Victory over Domestic Violence
I'll bet you got pushed around, somebody made you cold
But the cycle ends right now 'cause you can't lead me down that road...
Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me
And all you're ever gonna be is mean
- Nevada is the number one state for domestic violence murders
- Over 50% of all the crimes committed in Nevada are "domestic violence related."
- The number one killer of pregnant women is her partner (Remember Lacey Peterson?)
- A woman's "gut" or intuition is the number one predictor of lethality or level of dangerousness. If you feel unsafe, then you are; trust your instincts!
- The most dangerous time to leave...is whenever you decide to do so. When/if your partner suspects or knows you are leaving is often when verbal and psychological abuse escalates to physical violence.
- If you are "successful" in leaving, if your ex-partner suspects/knows you have "moved on"and are dating again, the level of dangerousness escalates again. (Remember Nicole Brown Simpson?)
- 70% of convicted domestic violence, sexual abuse, child abuse perpetrators will go after custody of their children. More than half of them will be awarded FULL custody of the children away from the documented victim (mother).
Walking out the door is only the beginning. If you are struggling with a controlling/abusive partner or just question, "is this really abuse?" you are probably appropriate for this group.
It is held in her NEW private practice office on the 3rd Thursday of the Month from 6 PM - 7:30 PM. Additionally, helpful "tip sheets" and information is linked below.